All the Redpipe models are based on the same electronic technology, only the appearance changes. There are two types of Redpipes, each battery operated:
- Classic Redpipes, non-blown
- Mouthblown Redpipes
How they work
- Plug in earphones or connect to an amplifier and switch on
- Decide fingering
- Select Sound (Highland Bagpipes, Scottish Smallpipes, Gaita or Medieval Bagpipes)
- Select Key (in halftone steps)
- Set drones (set the Octave, Quart or Quint. Fine)
- Apply pressure to the bag and play
Unique Pneumatic Technology
The sound is produced by applying pressure to the bag under your arm, just like the original bagpipe. Optimised sensors provide for authentic chanter fingering. The Redpipe’s pneumatic sound system control provides for an unprecedented overall effect.
Modern microprocessor technology provides optimal simulation of the Great Highland Bagpipe, Scottish Smallpipes, Gaita and some German style bagpipes. The electronic chip has been designed to allow for future sound upgrades.
Several Keys / Any Pitch
The Redpipe has no pitch limitations and covers covers a wide range of keys, allowing you to play along with any other instrument. Simply select tempered or pure tuning; choose between G natural or G sharp for playing mixolydian and Ionian music. Volume control helps keep the neighbours happy.
- Touch sensors with authentic feel
- Drones and chanter are pneumatically activated by varying the pressure on the bag
- Internal wavetable – Great Highland pipe
- Internal wavetable – Smallpipe
- Volume adjustment
- Key transposition across a wide range
- Realistic, wavetable-generated bagpipe and smallpipe sound
- Perfectly tuned chanter scale
- Adjustable pitch
- Baritone drone feature
- Vibrato option
- Expanded chromatic scale available
- Onboard metronome
- Outputs: line, headphone and MIDI
- The MIDI output allows connection of compatible sound generators and other MIDI equipment
- Power supplied by two 1.5 V batteries (AA)
- Made in Germany
Two-Year redpipes Guarantee
- 1. The firm redpipes provides a guarantee for all damages arising during the guarantee period, provided that such damages were caused by a material deficiency or manufacturing error.
- 2. Product defects which should receive guarantee protection – as determined by the firm redpipes – are to be corrected in the following way: The defective article will either be repaired free of charge as decided by the firm redpipes, or the defective article will be replaced by a fully functional equivalent (in some cases a later version). Products and product parts which have been replaced become the property of the firm redpipes.
- 3. Guarantee claims must be raised within the official guarantee period. For this purpose, the product in question should be returned to the firm redpipes with the original invoice.
- 4. Claims other than those named in these guarantee conditions – concerning the correction or compensation of product defects - are not covered by this guarantee.
- 5. The provision of guarantee services neither prolongs nor renews the guarantee period for the article in question.